filter activity flow on announcement

4 years 8 months ago #313858 by Five_phil
filter activity flow on announcement was created by Five_phil
Hello,

I try in an "Activity" module to display only the most recent "Announcement" messages of a user.
I can filter the user with his ID = OK but I see all his stream
But I can not display only his "ads"
How can I do this?

I'm using an activity module for the global feed on another page.
My Joomla is 3.9.11 and plugin activity update too

Thank you in advance for your enlightenment

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic filter activity flow on announcement
What is displayed on a stream is entirely based off the Asset you configure within the stream at the assets of your activity. For example "profile.USER_ID" will show all profile activity of USER_ID. If you want to show all global activity only then set the Asset for the stream to "global" then ensure it's configured to display global activity (should be the case by default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313882 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic filter activity flow on announcement
hello Krileon,

by reading again, I misspoke! sorry..
I understand your explanation, thank you.

I wanted to say that: In a module, I would like to display only the message of a user marked as "global ad" but not its normal flow

4 years 8 months ago #313886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic filter activity flow on announcement
You can't filter global posts. They ignore asset filtering and are always displayed on every stream. So you won't be able to filter a stream to a specific users global posts. In short it is all or nothing. Your regular users shouldn't be able to make global posts to begin with. Global posts are a moderator feature and your regular users should not have moderator permissions. Instead you should use 2 different streams for what you're wanting.

One stream is their normal profile Activity tab. Another stream is an activity field or activity page with an asset of "profile.[user_id].ad". Now you'll be able to do what you're wanting. Those posts will show like normal on their profile, but can also be filtered down specifically using "profile.USER_ID.ad" for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Five_phil

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn