CBSubs membership plan disappears after unsubscribing

4 years 7 months ago #314385 by krileon

Does that mean I have to subscribe a test user first, and then navigate with that test user to the protected folder?

If no one is subscribed to the plan yet then yes you need to subscribe someone for it to generate the files. Navigating to the folder does not generate them.

assumed that it was enough that the test user was already subscribed, and only had to log in and navigate to that folder.

If a user is already subscribed to the plan then yes all they have to do is login to generate the files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314386 by Vorak
I tested this with an existing plan, which already has several subscribers, including my test account. No ht files were created in the test map within the Joomla path :(

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #314388 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. See the below for examples.

Outside Joomla Root (live)
Path: /user/restricted
Type: Absolute

Outside Joomla Root (localhost)
Path: /server/www/restricted
Type: Absolute

Inside Joomla Root
Path: /images/restricted
Type: Joomla

All 3 test cases created their htaccess files and respective htpasswd files on login. I don't know what is blocking your site from creating htaccess files, but my best guess is permissions problem or wrong path. I did confirm for Absolute usage the status check always says "No path defined yet. Please define then apply setting to get result of check." even if the path is correct and have added a bug ticket for that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7721

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314389 by krileon
Ok, was able to find a bug when using more than 1 folder access within a single plan. The first folder access seams to always work fine, but the second can break when performing the folder access loop to check all 5 available folder access paths.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7722

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 7 months ago #314390 by krileon
Both issues now fixed. Fix is awaiting review followed by merge then release. Everything should work perfectly fine as long as you only have 1 path configured though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 7 months ago #314402 by Vorak
Hello,

I just updated all the plugins and tested again, but the issue is still the same.
I have even tried with only 1 folder access as you suggested, but this made no difference. It is probably something server related then.

For now, I have disabled the folder access altogether and gave public access to the Wiki again, until I find another solution that doesn't require the use of the folder access restriction anymore.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn