I can add Emoji to Blog

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314610 by nancy.aharpour
I can add Emoji to Blog was created by nancy.aharpour
Hi,
in the front-end users can't add Emoji to their Blog when they save the Blog in front-end appear ? instead of any emoji

I'm using JCE but the editor and joomla database are well configured because if I add any Emoji in the Joomla Article they work perfectly, Emoji doesn't work in Blog Plugin of Community Builder

Any helps?
Thanks
Nancy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314625 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic I can add Emoji to Blog
If you're using the Internal model there's no option at this time to enable Joomla content plugins for blog posts. If using the Joomla or K2 model then Joomla or K2 are responsible for displaying the blog post so content plugins should work fine there. Have added a feature ticket to support this for the Internal model in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7738

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314656 by nancy.aharpour
Replied by nancy.aharpour on topic I can add Emoji to Blog
Hi,
yes I'm using Internal Blog but I found a very easy solution.

I converted in mysql database the type of columns "blog_full" and "blog_intro" to from TEXT to BLOB so them now can handle the collation utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Maybe you can just easily convert them in your CB installation and set these two columns to have the BLOB Type instead of TEXT.

Thanks
N

4 years 6 months ago #314711 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic I can add Emoji to Blog
Ah, you're using standard unicode emojis. I assumed you were using a custom content plugin provided by your editor to output image emojis. We do not force database collation changes. The collation will always be whatever your database collation is set to at the time of the table being created. In short the collation used is entirely up to the configuration of your database. They also don't need to be converted from TEXT to BLOB. TEXT column type will work fine for storing unicode characters assuming the collation is correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn