Free Lifetime plan won’t let me move members to my own free acces offer

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314659 by tony3372
Here goes, following a number of communication with Joomlapolis staff I am posting here, with the hope this issue gets resolved.

In CB subs I offer free access. However when a user joins under my free access offer they are getting automatically added to free lifetime default setting.

I have 189 members in the free lifetime setting.
It won’t allow me to remove this and won’t let me move the 189 members to my own free acces offer.

So I have posted as per Joomlapolis staff member Beat request.

I have posted as requested.
I have followed the rules of the forum.
I have explained here that I find responses too technical and need to be broken down and easier to understand.
I will await response have have fully explained the issue.
Yes I am a member and subscribe to the highest level.
This issue has been ongoing since installation a long time ago.

I await hoping for my questions to be resolved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314660 by beat

tony3372 wrote: Here goes, following a number of communication with Joomlapolis staff I am posting here, with the hope this issue gets resolved.

In CB subs I offer free access. However when a user joins under my free access offer they are getting automatically added to free lifetime default setting.

I have 189 members in the free lifetime setting.
It won’t allow me to remove this and won’t let me move the 189 members to my own free acces offer.

So I have posted as per Joomlapolis staff member Beat request.

I have posted as requested.
I have followed the rules of the forum.
I have explained here that I find responses too technical and need to be broken down and easier to understand.
I will await response have have fully explained the issue.
Yes I am a member and subscribe to the highest level.
This issue has been ongoing since installation a long time ago.

I await hoping for my questions to be resolved.

First of all, thank you very much for using our forum support, which is the right place to get help.

Thank you also for your precise description that now allows us to diagnose the problem and offer you precise help steps.

I will still make 2 assumptions from your description above (and if it is incorrect, please reply so):

1. You have a (second) free lifetime plan
2. You can't assign a user to that plan with a subscription.

To check that setting described in "1":
In CB Paid Subscriptions -> Plans, click on your free plan to edit it, and in Pricing tab you can see if you have 0 for Regular price and "Lifetime subscription" as Regular Validity duration.

In that case:

As the subscriptions seem not to be created for the free plan, could you please check following global setting for your site:

In CB Paid Subscriptions -> Settings -> Global tab, go to the "Registration settings" fields.

Check if Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans is set to ON.

If not, change it to ON, also review the 2 settings above to correspond to what you wish, then click "Save & Close" button at top.

This should fix your issue, and you should be able to assign users to your own free lifetime subscription using the user edits in the administration area, and at registration time.

Please confirm that our 2 assumptions above are correct and let us know if that fixes your problem.

P.S. Our moderation has edited the post subject that was all caps "PROBLEM REPORTED TO JOOMOPOLIS THEY SAID TO POST HERE" (caps are considered as yelling per netiquette, and I am sure you were not yelling when writing your post. ;) )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 6 months ago #314662 by beat
Also, if you do not want the default free lifetime plan to appear, then set:

"Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to OFF.

in the "Registration settings" in the "Global" tab of the gloabl "Settings" of "CB Paid Subscriptions".

This setting is just above "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans".

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 6 months ago #314671 by nant
If you have not done so yet, please download the CBSubs manual.

It looks like you have your cbsubs -> settings -> Global -> Registration Settings -> Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) set to Yes.

This means that if a user does not subscribe to one of your plans then he/she can still login to your site and CBSubs just reports that the user has a free lifetime plan (just a fallback placeholder).

It sounds like you do not want this which means that your need to change this setting to No and this way force your users to pick one of YOUR plans.

4 years 6 months ago #314683 by beat
If your issue persists despite the settings above, please attach to post reply, following screendumps:

- CB Paid Subscriptions > Settings > Global Tab >
- Information on System,
- Registration settings and
- Renewals and upgrade settings

- CB Paid Subscriptions > Plans > your own free lifetime plan:
- Pricing and validity

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn