Write to a closed field if it is empty

4 years 5 months ago #314790 by AlecsRU
New users specify their name when registering. They can't fix it on their own, the field is closed. Prompt as to old users to give the chance to bring the name. They have an empty name field and no access either.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Write to a closed field if it is empty
The name field should be available within their profile edit page. If it's not then ensure the name field is set to display on profile edit and isn't set to read only within CB > Field Management. Note depending on settings your site maybe using First and Last Name fields instead of the single Name field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314800 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic Write to a closed field if it is empty
You did not understand me. I specifically closed the option to overwrite the name field. The user should not be able to change their data.

I assumed that if you create an additional field and / or script that would check the empty name field or not. If empty, information from the additional field was written to the name field. If the name has already been entered, no record has been made.

Maybe there are some solutions?

4 years 5 months ago #314801 by krileon
There is no option for "if empty, allow edit" specifically. Only way to do that is probably CB Conditional and try having the field condition it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314808 by AlecsRU
Replied by AlecsRU on topic Write to a closed field if it is empty
I tried the Conditional plugin. Set "Hide field", then specified the field itself, and then the condition "Not empty" and display in "Profile edit". Previously made the field available. As a result, the field, if there is no data, is shown, data entry is impossible - the first letters are deleted when entering text, the field becomes empty.

4 years 5 months ago #314830 by krileon
That's the value resetting functionality. That can be disabled by editing CB Conditional within CB > Plugin Management and adjusting its parameters. Once done see if your usecase then works. Currently it's not possible to toggle off value resetting on a per condition basis so this will impact all conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn