[SOLVED] CB Actvity Issue - any role cannot access the page

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314791 by schrammelmann
Hello,

have the same problem as this post:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/241599-cb-actvity-issue-any-role-cannot-access-the-page

created a new menu item: Type: Community Builder -> Plugin: CB Activity -> Action: My Activity
Menu item set to public. CB Activity Plugin set to public. Logged in as "registered" user and as Super Admin user.

When click the menu item, I will redirected to index.php. There a message appears "Error: Not authorized."

I tested with different actions. Here is the result:
ActivityRedirect -> index.php; message = "Not authorized"
Recent Activityworks - Page load; activities are shown
My ActivityRedirect -> index.php; message = "Not authorized"
Hidden Activityworks - Page load; message = "No activities yet" (in my case)
Notficationsworks - Page load; notfications are shown
Hidden Notficationsworks - Page load; message = "No Notfications yet" (in my case)
CommentsRedirect -> index.php; message = "Not authorized"
Hidden Commentsworks - Page load; message = "No Comments yet" (in my case)
FollowingRedirect -> index.php; message = "Not authorized"
LikesRedirect -> index.php; message = "Not authorized"

No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314796 by krileon
Works perfectly fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-activity/my-activity

If logged in it displays activity same as the activity tab. If logged out it asks you to login. CB Activity only redirects away if you do not have access permission to view that stream. My Activity specifically checks access permission of the Activity tab. If the tab is inaccessible, unpublished, etc.. then you can't access My Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

4 years 6 months ago #314805 by schrammelmann
Replied by schrammelmann on topic CB Actvity Issue - any role cannot access the page

krileon wrote: ... If the tab is inaccessible, unpublished, etc.. then you can't access My Activity.

Thank you very much. In my case that was the problem.
I had a CB Condition configured so that the tab was only shown to viewers and not to the profile owner himself.

I removed that condition and anything works perfect. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn