Not getting moderator email or notifications for new registrants

4 years 6 months ago #314807 by poplife
Good Afternoon,

I am not receiving email notifications nor notifications from the CB Workflow module for new member registration on my site. As instructed, Joomla Registration is OFF on the site.

CB Registration Configuration =
Allow User Registration: "Yes, Independent of CMS..."
Generate Registration Passwords: No
Admin Approval: Yes
Email Confirmation: Yes
Ajax Username Checker: Yes
Log Registration IP Address: Yes
Show Login For next to Registration form: No

All of the rest is customized as it should be with messages etc. I have also tested receipt of email from the site with the Registration Email Address. using the mass email function and my test was received.

I did receive the pending email to the registrant, but again no email or notification was sent to Moderators.

Please Advise,
Thanks,
Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314829 by krileon
Edit your moderator within CB > User Management and ensure they're configured to receive emails. Next check within CB > Configuration > Moderation that you've moderator emails enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314870 by poplife
Those were already set properly, just checked it again to be sure. Also I was able to send email from the site to the moderator accounts via "mass email" with no issues.
Today I did another site registration attempt and again, no emails to moderators. I do receive email TO the registrant confirming receipt of their request with the "Pending Email Subject" and "Pending Email Body" text that is in the Configuration.
One thing I don't see is where wording for the email to moderators is located, so honestly I don't know what would have been sent to the moderator if email did go through anyway. I thought maybe there was a clue in the "Default language (English)" plugin but i don't see anything.

One more thing, when I login as a moderator and check for any recent activities, I see nothing pending even though there should be action pending for a new user confirmation.

4 years 6 months ago #314873 by poplife
I would like to know if re-installation of Community Builder is warranted at this point. Also if there is a log that is generated when/if email is sent from the app.

Thanks,
Paul

4 years 6 months ago #314880 by krileon
How are you testing registration? You should be testing from frontend. Ensure the Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation is configured properly. If it's set to something like Public or Registered then all your users are being treated as moderators so there won't be any notifications sent. No, reinstalling is unlikely to fix this as your problem is almost guaranteed entirely configuration related. This functionality simply works out of the box so something was changed to alter its behavior. We do not log emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314889 by poplife
I test registration from the front-end using a new ID with a unique "unused" email address. I get the "your registration has been received" email message to the registrant but none to the moderators. Also like I mentioned before, there is no pending approvals shown when logged in to the site as a moderator. To illustrate as best I can (without including email addresses), I have attached screen shots of my configurations; one from the "Registration" tab, then another from the "Moderation" tab. Then I sent a snippet from my user profile showing I am set up to receive moderator email along with the menu Item I have setup for "Moderator"

We have actually been using CB for over 10 years with no issues using an older version of Joomla, and we are pretty familiar with how things work and like you said, it is usually not an issue.

Thanks,
Paul
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn