[SOLVED] CB Activity Module

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314812 by unconservo
[SOLVED] CB Activity Module was created by unconservo
Hi. Im a noob when it comes to CB and your plugin so excuse if I sound clueless :).

Each members activity wall works perfectly. I want to add a common wall to a SP Page builder Page which Idid. It also shows users posts from their walls. But on the common activity wall there is no submit button or a button to write "whats on your mind" to the activity module. It shows the emojis to select and also replies to comments but cant submit anything as there are no button?.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Module
So you can comment, but not create new posts? By default the activity module outputs activity specific to that module. Did you change the asset of the module? If so provide what asset you set in the module as that can determine access permissions sometimes. If you did not change the asset then check the Create permissions within the module under the Activity tab. This should be defaulted to global settings, which are the settings found in the CB Activity plugin in CB > Plugin Management so if you disabled create globally for example it would also be disabled in your module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314928 by unconservo
Replied by unconservo on topic CB Activity Module
Hi hi :). Thank you for the reply.

Asset is black as I want everything to show (i think). Layout is set on stream. Everything else is set to Same as global.

I can type but cant submit comments or statuses as there is not button to select to post. also im getting this error on below

data-cbtooltip-width="" data-hascbtooltip="true" data-cbtooltip-menu="true" data-cbtooltip-position-my="bottom center" data-cbtooltip-position-at="top center" data-cbtooltip-classes="likeStreamSelector" data-cbtooltip-adjust-y="0" data-cbtooltip-tip-hide="0" data-cbtooltip-content-classes="p-0"> Like

Regards

4 years 5 months ago #314945 by krileon
Your issue is likely caused by SP Page Builder decoding the html of the module before outputting it which absolutely will break it of which there's nothing we can do to resolve as is a problem in SP Page Builder. Try outputting the module in a normal Joomla module position and see if it works fine there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314979 by unconservo
Replied by unconservo on topic CB Activity Module
Hi Hi :). Thank you. I have added the module to an article and that seemed to have fixed the error message for the like (Seems default css used by Sp Page Builder is causing the problem with the view). Im still not able to submit whats new and comments as the submit button are not appearing.

Regards
Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #315005 by krileon
There's nothing we can do about SP Page Builder breaking the styling. If the module works fine entirely outside of SP Page Builder then SP Page Builder is altering it in a way it can no longer function.

Why are you trying to embed a module? If you want to have a page with an activity stream you can directly do that using a Community Builder > Plugin menutype Joomla menu item then set Plugin to CB Activity. Then use normal Joomla module positions to place modules/HTML around it as necessary would be the most reliable and safe approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn