[SOLVED] a few questions

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315128 by SKWebb
[SOLVED] a few questions was created by SKWebb
Hello dear support-team,

I'm having a professional membership but am new to CB so not so professional myself just yet.

I'm trying to find the ansver to 3 questions:

- the Icons when klicking "like" "heart" "angry" and so on, on our Activity wall are all just a thumbs up... What am I missing? Where do I do the settings so the other icons show up?

- when logging in, can I re-direct so the member gets the activity wall as start?
- when logging out, can I set settings to a specific page?

Thanks in advance!
Eva
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315141 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic a few questions

- the Icons when klicking "like" "heart" "angry" and so on, on our Activity wall are all just a thumbs up... What am I missing? Where do I do the settings so the other icons show up?

They're all "Likes". The icon just conveys emotion, but has no meaning beyond that. What type of like the person selected is visible in the modal window. In a later release the type will be separated to have more meaning.

- when logging in, can I re-direct so the member gets the activity wall as start?

You can customize the login redirect URL within your CB Login Module under Login Options tab. Ensure you provide a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php. For example the below will send them to their profile.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile

- when logging out, can I set settings to a specific page?

Same with login redirect you can customize the logout redirect within your CB Login Module except do so under Logout Options.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SKWebb

4 years 4 months ago #315177 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic a few questions
"They're all "Likes". The icon just conveys emotion, but has no meaning beyond that. What type of like the person selected is visible in the modal window. In a later release the type will be separated to have more meaning."

- so the visible icon does not change when clicking heart or thumbs up or any other?

When putting re-direct to "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile" I lost the menu that we have on the right side?

Can you help me with what to write to re-direct to our activity flow?

Thanks a million!
Eva

4 years 4 months ago #315184 by krileon

- so the visible icon does not change when clicking heart or thumbs up or any other?

Correct. The type of Like selected is only visible in the modal popup window when clicking the text shown next to the button.

When putting re-direct to "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile" I lost the menu that we have on the right side?

Add your CB profile menu items menu id to the URL. Specifically you should have &Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE.

Can you help me with what to write to re-direct to our activity flow?

You want to redirect to the activity page or you just want to redirect to profile with the activity tab active?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315258 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic a few questions
Thanks for reply!

" - so the visible icon does not change when clicking heart or thumbs up or any other?

Correct. The type of Like selected is only visible in the modal popup window when clicking the text shown next to the button."

So why are there different symbols if the only one showing is "Thumbs up"?

And can I go in and change the swedish text when clicking "like"? The translation makes it look like when like you don't... :)

I have a few more questions but will give it a try to solve first.

4 years 4 months ago #315264 by krileon

So why are there different symbols if the only one showing is "Thumbs up"?

Because they still convey emotion without being negative. Everything is technically a "Like" but the different icons can convey different emotion. The initial design was to move away from modern negativity of "Likes" being a means of bullying. This will be slightly changed in a future release where the types will act more like a categorization of likes while still being a like. This is of course optional as you can unpublish other like types if you want.

And can I go in and change the swedish text when clicking "like"? The translation makes it look like when like you don't...

We don't handle translations. All translations are a community effort. If you'd like to contribute new translations please see our localization page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

You can also use the language override functionality shown below to translate strings to whatever you like.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn