Question about filtering activity posts

4 years 4 months ago #315270 by liaskas
Hello...

I am searching for days in the forum trying to find how to set up activity filters, but without any luck. All posts i found in the forum do not seem to work for me or i am doing something wrong while testing.

What we need...

We need to have standard filter options (filter 1 - filter - 2 - filter 3 - etc) that the users will use to limit the activity posts according to the filter.

Example...

In the activity stream, there are some posts that contain the word "game".

We need to have a filter that will list only the posts that contain the word "game".

While searching in the forum we found a thread with title "filter activity flow on announcement" where Kyle replies somewhere... Those posts will show like normal on their profile, but can also be filtered down specifically using "profile.USER_ID.ad" for example.

So we tested creating a filter GAMES with the asset " profile.[user_id].game " but this filter returns nothing.

Then we found some other thread saying that this can be done with hashtags. Ok... it may be doable with hashtags, but how is this done? We create filters with hashtags?

Please advise how we can filter the activity stream to show posts that contain a word with an example, so tha we do not have to bother you with extra questions.

Also... is there a possibility of filtering activity stream posts by "suggestions"?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about filtering activity posts
Activity filters are explained in my blog below with examples.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18850-cb-activity-5-0-0

Activity filtering is to filter down by asset and user. It dynamically alters the asset of the activity stream or the users it should be outputting. It is not a means of searching an activity stream like you're trying to do. For what you're wanting to do yes you'd need to use hashtags. For example they'd add #games to their post. Users could then click the hashtag to see other posts with #game.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315274 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Question about filtering activity posts
Thank you for your reply Kyle

For what you're wanting to do yes you'd need to use hashtags. For example they'd add #games to their post. Users could then click the hashtag to see other posts with #game.

Ok... created a post that contains "#sell" in it, but this is not clickable. What am i doing wrong?

Tags is enabled in plugins / cb activity / activity parameters.

Thank you

4 years 4 months ago #315277 by krileon
Tags are not Hashtags. You need be sure Hashtags are enabled under the Parser parameters for Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315278 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Question about filtering activity posts
Yes you are right!

Is it possible to tell me if we can filter activity stream posts by action "suggestions"?

4 years 4 months ago #315280 by krileon
Nope, filters are for Asset and User only. You can not filter by text or any other functionality beyond using hashtags. Features like Actions are stored in the params column of the activity row so there is no means of optimally searching that data and would require a storage rewrite of CB Activity to do, which there are no plans for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn