CB Activity - Error acces Backend when new level acces is created by us

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315629 by Julien04
hi,

Today i have create a new group ACL with level acces other that Joomla.

I have upload level access right to CB plugin.

I'm seeing that when i configure Cb activity with new level access, its ok. Plugin save config and back to plugin menu and plugin works.

But when i come back in option menu to CB activity, this error appears :0 Class '\CB\Plugin\Activity\CBActivity' not found

I have uninstall and install to test with ohter native acces of joomla and it work well.

All others plugins seems work well.

Have you an issue please to access in backend Cb activity with new access level created ?

Thanks by advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315648 by krileon
Do not change plugin access unless you are absolutely sure you understand what you're doing and how it works. That will completely prevent a plugin from loading for people who do not have access to the selected view access level, which includes even you. If you're trying to limit frontend access do so via the Activity tab, activity menu items, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315679 by Julien04
Hi and thanks for the support,

I'm going on this way to be sure of the security "view and use" of users on my site web.

I have install different subscription plan for users.

Registred access is doing by classic subscription with acces "Registred" that give acces at a minimal setting on CB Profil (view Tab and use Plugin CB restricted), just Tab info and Tab invitation plugin.

Others plans give acces to others CB plugins "view and use", Activity, GroupJive, Forum ect...

I want just be sure that Registred can't "use" plugin without a subscription plan who give acces at the special group ACL that i have created.

I want to do this to prevent and block hackers who can acces to "use" plugin with an registred acces by an other way that the frontend.

If i have well understood ACL, if i configure just acces level to Tab activity, it will be block just the view of this plugin and not his use.

In this config, hackers can have access to plugin and work it by his way.

I'm absolutely sure that i have understand the way for all access plan users, its for all this, that i want configure Plugin Acitvity with a special level access ACL.

All others CB plugins don't create this error ":0 Class '\CB\Plugin\Activity\CBActivity' not found", when im go back to admin setting after change level acces with the new group ACL.

Its for this that i have post and ask your help to obtain a way to have access of settings CB Activty Plugin when i save a new acces level created by me on.

Thanks by advance

Attachments:

4 years 3 months ago #315680 by Julien04
°_O

Since last upload of CB last version and plugin. I have manage field, tab of CB Plugin Activity and my acces to setting of this plugin is come back with ACL level acces created by me..

Have you fix a code since last update for this ? To know if it's me who have created a conflict in my configuration.

Thanks

4 years 3 months ago #315704 by krileon
There was nothing to fix. You blocked your own access to the plugin. I assume you fixed your view access level to include your usergroup which gave back access. Again, plugin ACL completely prevents the plugin from loading and if something tries to call that plugins API without the plugin being loaded you're going to see errors like that. This is not necessary to even do. Set the ACL on the Activity tab it self that is all that should be necessary. If you want to limit activity endpoints like Recent Activity then create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin and select CB Activity for the plugin then set your ACL on the menu item. This ensures the API can function properly while limiting frontend access and is the correct way to handle what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn