Need to upgrade GroupJive - unsure of exact procedure

4 years 3 months ago #315636 by FSEconomy
My original post here led me to renew my professional membership support.

My GJ is out of date, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about upgrading. Should I just download the main GJ Plugin, and then install it? Can I install from the web instead? Will it install "over" the older version?

What about the other modules (GJ Forums, GJ Wall, etc...)? Will those auto-upgrade once I upgrade them main plugin, or will I need to do each of those individually? (and again... download only, or install from web?)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315649 by krileon

Should I just download the main GJ Plugin, and then install it?

Yes.

Can I install from the web instead?

Yes, install from web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin will also work fine.

Will it install "over" the older version?

Yes.

What about the other modules (GJ Forums, GJ Wall, etc...)? Will those auto-upgrade once I upgrade them main plugin, or will I need to do each of those individually? (and again... download only, or install from web?)

They will need to be updated individually. You should however just be able to use the Update All feature in Install from Web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin to update your install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315662 by FSEconomy
Edit: moved to new topic, since it is a slightly new problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn