Send Email function not working

4 years 3 months ago #316114 by wowza2
Replied by wowza2 on topic Send Email function not working
So I changed the Joomla email settings to SMTP. Test email works, Mass email works but still getting same error when trying to send email through CB...

g

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send Email function not working
Are emails enabled within CB > Configuration > Integrations? Sorry, don't know what more to suggest. We're not doing anything special in regards to emails. We're simply using PHPMailer library and letting PHP handle things naturally. Check server error logs to see if any errors are logged, but it sounds like the mail server is rejecting it or emails are turned off in which case there likely won't be any server errors logged so without more information about what is erroring I can't suggest any kind of solution. You may need to contact your host to check mail server logs to see if the outbound email is even being attempted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316171 by wowza2
I have been in contact with our web hosting company and they have looked into the issue. Here's their response:

"I tested Community Builder member mailing function a few times after turning on PHP display errors (reverted), disabling openbase directory restriction (reverted), increasing upload_max_filesize as per Community Builder requirements, but none of these changes helped in resolving or identifying the actual issue. I also checked and ensured that all Technical Requirements for Community Builder is met (as per : www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/276-community-builder/getting-started/18468-turning-off-joomla-emails-to-new-users).

Since Joomla's email functionality is working fine and no indicative errors are getting logged or displayed, I would recommend contacting the extension vendor, Joomlapolis for assistance on this issue. They would know how the email feature works and what causes the error. If it requires any server side changes in order to fix the problem, please let us know."

g

4 years 3 months ago #316186 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316204 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. When creating a user I received the new user details email perfectly fine. The mass mailer appears to have a bug that has already been fixed as you're on CB 2.4.2 stable and likely impacts frontend email form as well. We've had several build releases since then. Please update CB to the latest build release. Once done update your out of date CB plugins then confirm if your issue persists. You can mass update CB from CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web using the Update All button.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 3 months ago #316207 by wowza2
CB Version is 2.4.2+build.2019.12.20.19.38.24.c6d1aade4

Updated plugins

Still getting error message

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn