Use Case related to Activity and Privacy settings

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316166 by liaskas
Parent Group:
- - Child group:

What i want is...

Child group user activity's asset to be profile.[user_id].childgroup

Now it is profile.[user_id].parentgroup

I tested again 1 min ago.

I can not give a simpler explanation! The asset is stored as the post is from the parent group!

And i certainly did not change the asset!

I can send child category user credentials and backend access in case something is still not clear!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #316184 by krileon
There is no substitution for outputting usergroup directly. What do you have the asset set to? I've already provided you an example for how to do this based off another fields value below. I've also explained how asset functions when there are multiple

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/241980-use-case-related-to-activity-and-privacy-settings?limitstart=0#316137

You can do this with usergroup IF substitutions as well. Example as follows.

[cb:if usergroup includes "2"]profile.[user_id].usergroup2,[/cb:if]profile.[user_id].usergroup1

The above would output the following asset if the user has the usergroup with an id of 2.

profile.60.usergroup2,profile.60.usergroup1

These conditions are based off the profile owner. They are not based off the viewing user. If you need them based off the viewing user then you need to set user="#me" in the if conditions like the following.

[cb:if user="#me" usergroup includes "2"]profile.[user_id].usergroup2,[/cb:if]profile.[user_id].usergroup1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn