send password reset token in password recovery email

4 years 3 weeks ago #317440 by pdolezel
OMG - amateur mistake; thank you so much

SOLVED
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322611 by bascherz
We are having issues with password reset also. Many times, the passwords sent to the users do not work. We have a pretty strict password verification, but I have to assume that only applies when the user changes their password and it doesn't apply to the ones CB sends out for a reset. We had a LOT of trouble with this when using CBJUICE to create profiles from user data stored in a spreadsheet, but I would not expect this issue from CB itself.

Is there any known issue with CB occasionally sending a password that doesn't work? I have not personally experienced this, but a lot of users are complaining about it.

Thanks.
Bruce

3 years 3 months ago #322635 by krileon

Is there any known issue with CB occasionally sending a password that doesn't work?

No, not that I am aware. We just call Joomla API to generate the new password, which is then saved to the user and emailed to them.

I have not personally experienced this, but a lot of users are complaining about it.

Without a reliable way to confirm or an error of some kind there's nothing for me to investigate. Have retested this feature and appears to be working fine. Please be sure you're not causing a store issue with CB Auto Actions if you're acting on user update triggers as that could result in a conflict depending on what you're doing in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322667 by bascherz
My personal opinion on it (no proof) is that they are double-clicking on the password and copying it plus the space after it and pasting that into the password box. There's no Auto Action involved on this. I know I often fail to consider its impact on things, but not this time.

Thanks for the info.

3 years 3 months ago #322669 by krileon
It's very possible that's what is happening. We'll be changing A LOT with CB 3.0 on Joomla 4. Ideally no more CB login module and you'll just use Joomlas including Joomlas reset password feature, but we'll see as it depends on how well we can extend Joomlas module with some of our functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323824 by bascherz
Reset passwords emailed to users after they click "Forgot Login?" continue to be problematic. The following issues have been reported and verified (not by me, but by someone else).
  • sometimes the password email has a blank password
  • sometimes the password sent in the email does not work

I don't recall having any control over the email sent for password resets, so there is nothing for me to check anywhere. The problem has been assigned to someone else on the team now. They won't be able to discuss it here, though, since the subscription is on my account. All I can say about testing results is that you don't have over 25,000 test cases (site members) like I do. This is a widespread problem but it obviously doesn't affect everybody.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn