show CB login module istead of default Joomla error when guests try to access

4 years 2 weeks ago #317488 by ThePiston
Right now when a guest tries to access a member-only page, they get the default Joomla error, "you are not allowed to view this page".

How do I instead show a specific CB login module or page that I build myself with instructions on how to join?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317494 by krileon
Typically Joomla should be sending them to your login page with that error. Joomla would attempt to send to Joomlas login page and our system plugin, if configured to do so, would redirect them to CBs login page. This assumes the page access is being blocked by Joomla menu access permissions. This may not be the case for other access denied errors which often just don't do anything except output the error and in those cases I suppose you could see if there's a Joomla event or CB trigger that you could act on in a Redirect action in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317511 by ThePiston
thanks. any idea what trigger would be used when this language term is used: "JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR"

I tried Joomla_OnUserAuthorisationError, but this doesn't seem to work.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317527 by krileon
Joomla access errors should already be sending to login if it's core Joomla. What are you trying to access exactly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317530 by ThePiston
if a guest clicks on a member-only link, they only get a Joomla error message - not the login page. The CB plugin is enabled with both redirect and rewrite URLS enabled. I must be missing something that is supposed to redirect users to Joomla login page

4 years 2 weeks ago #317531 by krileon
Is Joomlas login disabled entirely? If so then that maybe why Joomla isn't sending to login page, which CB would then intercept. Aside from that I don't know what to suggest as I don't know what Joomlas event is for access denied errors as I don't believe there is one. onUserAuthorisationError is in regards to login authentication so that won't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn