Problem installing CB Update

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317598 by autobahn
Problem installing CB Update was created by autobahn
I am trying to install the latest CB build 2.4.4+build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92 but have run into problems.

If I click on the Update Now button in Joomla Control Panel I get taken to Install From Web, where I see Community Builder under Joomla Packages with a Sign Up button. We already have version 2.4.3 installed (which was an update in January 2020), so will pressing this button do the update or does it think we don't have CB installed at all? I don't want to mess up a perfectly good installation.

If I try to upload the zip file for build 2.4.4+build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92 it won't let me because it is 4.49MB. The screen says the upload limit is 2MB, though I've checked the php.ini file and upload_max_filesize is set to 8MB.

Joomla is up-to-date (3.9.16) and we're running PHP 7.2

What am I doing wrong or not understanding?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem installing CB Update
The Install from Web JSONP request is broken by recent browser security changes. It's not detecting that you're logged into Joomlapolis to determine what packages you've access to. It could be a header response issue on our end as well that maybe causing it. We're working on improving our downloads section so you'll have a Site Key you can use that will make Install from Web 100% reliable, but that's not available yet. For now just download updates as needed from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

You can also check for new releases on our releases page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/releases

If I try to upload the zip file for build 2.4.4+build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92 it won't let me because it is 4.49MB. The screen says the upload limit is 2MB, though I've checked the php.ini file and upload_max_filesize is set to 8MB.

We don't have any control over this. That's entirely a server configuration issue. Recommend contacting your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

4 years 1 week ago #317610 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Problem installing CB Update
Regarding maximum upload size: There is also the maximum POST size PHP setting that needs to be set to more than 5 MB (ideally 8 or 16MB) for your second problem.

Can you please tell us when you had the first problem (the "Install From Web, where I see Community Builder under Joomla Packages with a Sign Up button") ?

Does any of the following solve it: (try one step at a time):

1. Clicking the small refresh icon at bottom

2. Logging out from www.joomlapolis.com, then logging in again, then refreshing page, and clicking the refreh icon

?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

4 years 1 week ago #317611 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Problem installing CB Update
Thank you for your quick respons (as always :) )

I'm glad it's not me but problems elsewhere.

I will contact our hosting provider and ask them to increase the upload limit.

Many thanks.

4 years 1 week ago #317612 by autobahn
I'm not sure how long I've had the "Install From Web, where I see Community Builder under Joomla Packages with a Sign Up button" problem. I haven't been able to use Install from Web on my localhost website for quite long time, and I assumed it was because I was running on my local test machine (XAMPP on a Windows 10 PC). Locally, I've been doing updates by downloading the zip files then using the Upload Package File option, and I just did the same when it came to the live site. I am familiar with that process so it wasn't a problem.

The problem came to light today, when I couldn't upload the file due to the size restriction. As size has not been a problem before I suspect it is due to us having recently moved from PHP 7.1 to PHP 7.2 on our hosting where there is a different php.ini file to which I do not have access. On my local system both maximum post size and maximum upload size are set to 32MB. The php.ini file on the live site in the public_html folder for our website has maximum upload size set to 8MB but I think it is being overridden. According to the PHP Information tab in the Joomla! System section the maximum_upload_size is 2MB. In addition, there is no post_max_size setting in public_html/php.ini.

Neither of your suggestions made any difference I'm sorry to say.

I'm not sure which values are being used by Joomla! and CB. It would seem that the PHP 7.2 defaults are being used and not the values from public_html/php.ini.

4 years 1 week ago #317613 by autobahn
A bit more information, after I have been looking at CPanel as well:

The upload page for Joomla/Community Builder states Maximum File Size 2M (upload_max_filesize in /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/etc/php.ini) and won’t let me upload my 4.5MB file.

Now here’s the thing:

1) According to the PHP Information in Joomla the loaded configuration file for PHP is /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/etc/php.ini
And states that:

upload_max_filesize is 2MB
post_max_size is 8MB

2) In CPanel, the PHP INI Basic Settings for the Home Directory are

Path /home/domainuser/php.ini
PHP Version ea-php70

upload_max_filesize is 32MB
post_max_size is 8MB

3) And, also in Cpanel, the PHP INI Basic Settings for domain.org.uk are

Path /home/domainuser/ public_html/php.ini
PHP Version ea-php72

upload_max_filesize is 8MB
post_max_size is 8MB

4) If I look in the php.ini file in public_html then I have the same values as in 3)

upload_max_filesize is 8MB

and there is no value given for post_max_size, which I suspect is defaulting to the ‘master’ php.ini file and is 8MB.

There’s a conflict between what Joomla/CB Plugins Update is telling me and what CPanel is telling me when it comes to which php.ini files are being used and what value is being used to set upload_max_filesize. It seems to me that the wrong file is being identified as the PHP INI Basic Settings for the Home Directory in CPanel so there is no way to set the correct values in the file that is actually being used (short of editing /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/etc/php.ini, which obviously I can’t do.

I don't think there is anything you can do to help at this point, but the information might provide a pointer to anyone else with a similar problem.

I will post again if/when I get a resolution. In the meantime, I may attempt an 'Install from Directory Method' though I've never done it before!

I have apssed all this information to our hosting provider in the hope that it can be resolved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn