[#7945] Integration Acymailing

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 6 days ago #317655 by Abmago
[#7945] Integration Acymailing was created by Abmago
Hi, I want integration of Community Builder with Acymailing, but the installing procedure have some unexpected issues.

What I did so far:
1) I have installed Acymailing Essential
2) I have installed the AcyMailing plugin for Community Builder
3) I have activated the plugin in CB plugin manager

When I go to plugin management to select the parameters, I see error messages for the options 'Lists displayed on the registration form', 'Lists checked by default', 'Lists displayed on the user profile' and 'Update user subscription on registration'. It tells: "This plugin can not work without the AcyMailing Component.Please download it from www.acyba.com and install it."

But I have installed everything, or maybe not?

As long as I have not tackled this problem, I cannot activate a tab position for mailinglists. When I do this, I can't view profile pages anymore... The following error appears: "0 Call to undefined function acymailing_currentUserId()

There are also problems with the Acymailing integration in CB auto-actions, but I expect this problem has the same background.

I am curious how this problem can be solved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration Acymailing
We're not the developers of AcyMailing or of their included CB plugin. You'll need to contact them regarding your issues, but it sounds like it thinks the AcyMailing component isn't installed. Are you sure you've installed AcyMailing correctly? Can you access it within Components backend menu item?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317682 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic Integration Acymailing
I have access to Acymailing in the backend part. I can send e-mails with Acymailing and manage lists... and so on. Actually, all things seem properly installed, accept the CB integration.... But I will contact the support of Acymailing first.

4 years 1 week ago #317854 by Abmago
I have still problems with CB Auto Actions and Acymailing and I need to know more. Within Auto Actions it should be possible to connect a user with a certain Joomla User Group to a certain Acymailing newsletter list. This function is very important to me. However, it is not working. I have installed Acymaling and the user can subscribe to Acymailing newsletter lists manually. But I need an automatic subscription and I expected Auto Actions was able able te organize this.

Going to practice: when I want to define the 'action' (with respect to action type 'Acymailing'), I get the following message 'AcyMailing installation not found!'. But that is strange, since Acymailing is completely installed (v6, essential). I want to solve this problem. My question is now: what component, module or pluggin should exactly be installed for making automatc subscription of Acymailing newsletters work? When I know this, I can go back to Acymailing to ask for it. I think the Community Builder team should know this, since Acymailing actions are offered as a part of the CB Auto Actions add-on.

4 years 6 days ago #317859 by Abmago
I have discovered that there are important technical differences between Acymailing version 5 and version 6. It might be that CB Auto Actions is designed for integration with Acymailing 5, but not for Acymaling 6! This is probably the reason why I can not define an automatic action with respect to newsletter subscription.

The support team of Acymaling wrote to me the following:

You will have to ask the developers of that plugin [CB Auto Actions] if they plan to update it to work with version 6 of AcyMailing.

I hope that the CB team will pick up this issue and make CB Auto Actions ready for Acymaling v6.

4 years 6 days ago - 4 years 6 days ago #317876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integration Acymailing
The install check is just checking to see if the below file exists.

/administrator/components/com_acymailing/helpers/helper.php

It looks like they changed the component name from "com_acymailing" to "com_acym". I've no idea why they decided to change the components name. None of the other aspects of the API appear changed so this seams like an odd thing to do that'd just serve to break everyone's integrations.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7945

This also appears to break their previously released versions of their CB plugin. Did you download their latest below?

docs.acymailing.com/advanced/community-builder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn