Update process fail for plugins

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318586 by cirp
Update process fail for plugins was created by cirp
I try to update cb_invite plugins from update interface, it fails : see dump below.

The reported Error is "500 - Internal Server Error"

The update process works properly and does'nt warn with other cb plugins.

Any help please ?

---
Olivier
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update process fail for plugins
"500 - Internal Server Error" is a server error. Check server error logs from your hosting panel to see what failed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318611 by cirp
Replied by cirp on topic Update process fail for plugins
Hi Krileon,

for what I see, there are no errors in the server logs.

Here are anonymized traces found in the apache access logs :

82..XXX - - [18/May/2020:15:55:31 +0200] "POST /administrator/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 33286 "https://www..../administrator/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0"
82..XXX - - [18/May/2020:15:55:32 +0200] "GET /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpackageinstaller/cbpackageinstaller.css?v=c12fa5e86bfec204 HTTP/1.1" 200 562 "https://www..../administrator/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0"
82..XXX - - [18/May/2020:15:55:32 +0200] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&action=installpkg&cid=581&fld=cb_plugins&pkg=067_plug_cbinvites_4.1.0%2Bbuild.2020.04.29.15.28.38.2d107a830.zip&format=raw&_=1589810132529 HTTP/1.1" 500 33715 82..XXX - - [18/May/2020:15:55:33 +0200] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&action=uninstallself&cid=581&format=raw&_=1589810132530 HTTP/1.1" 200 1065 "https://www..../administrator/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0"
82..XXX - - [18/May/2020:15:55:34 +0200] "POST /administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=installfromweb&format=raw HTTP/1.1" 200 19707 "https://www..../administrator/index.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0"

I also tried to download the plugin and install it with the upload process, I got the same result.

3 years 11 months ago #318615 by krileon
You need to review the error log. The access log does not log errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318671 by cirp
Replied by cirp on topic Update process fail for plugins
Hi Krileon,

I administer the server, and as I said in my previous message : there are NO error logged, nor in error.log, nor in php-error.log (yes : php_admin_value display_errors is On).

I have checked several times.

The server is up to date : debian 4.19.118-2 (2020-04-29) x86_64 and I use php 7.4

The update process went smoothly for all cb plugins, except for cb_invite.

Since you need errors, I have changed the error loglevel to "debug" for you, find here attached is the trace.

Any clue ?

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: LOGS.txt
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318680 by krileon
I've no idea what more to suggest at this point. There server is erroring yet you've no log of the error. There's absolutely no information for me to investigate off of. Try unzipping the package and installing CB Invites directly through CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin. It should be in the /extensions/cb_plugins folder. Ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting are enabled in Joomla global configuration while installing so errors aren't suppressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn