group jive moderator vs. CB moderator

3 years 10 months ago #318822 by joomally
group jive moderator vs. CB moderator was created by joomally
I have set the value for 'Moderators View Access Level' on the 'Moderation' tab of 'Community Builder: Edit Configuration [CB Core]' to be the view access level of users who I want to be able to edit user profiles.

There are a number of people at this view access level.

I am setting up CB GroupJive and I dont want all of those people to have moderator rights to CB GroupJive. Most of them should just have normal user access.

Is it possible to set a different view access level to be CB GroupJive moderators ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318826 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic group jive moderator vs. CB moderator

Is it possible to set a different view access level to be CB GroupJive moderators ?

No, a CB Moderator has a significant amount of permissions on frontend. It should not be a means of just being able to edit other users as they have far more permissions than just that. They're basically a restricted Super User.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318828 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic group jive moderator vs. CB moderator
ok, thanks.
Is there a way of allowing users to edit other user profiles without them being a CB Moderator ?
I suspect the answer is no, but its worth asking the question :)
Thanks

3 years 10 months ago #318830 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic group jive moderator vs. CB moderator

Is there a way of allowing users to edit other user profiles without them being a CB Moderator ?

At this time, no. It's something we're planning to implement in a later release though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318833 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic group jive moderator vs. CB moderator
thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn