[SOLVED] Trying to use activity module as a bulletin board

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318931 by nikondyk
I've added an activity module to the frontpage of the site.
The idea is that people can post small comments and info there.
The input field appears, but there is no way to 'submit' the content?
Looking in the webconsole I see this message:
Uncaught TypeError: can't access property "loader", $.fn.cbactivity is undefined
    <anonymous> https://www.nikondyk.dk/:293
    jQuery 8
www.nikondyk.dk:293:1
    <anonymous> https://www.nikondyk.dk/:293
    jQuery 8

Which sounds very relevant, but how do I fix it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318946 by krileon
Some reason CB Activity jQuery isn't loaded. Are you using a header compression extension like JCH Optimizer? If so try disabling it and clearing Joomla cache. Did you turn off CBs jQuery in favor of using your own in CB > Integrations? If so try turning CBs back on and clearing Joomla cache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318958 by nikondyk
No, no compression things, and it's getting loaded:

Odd.
Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318960 by krileon
Is both CB and CB Activity completely up to date? Please PM a URL to the page where it's not working and will review the page to see if other JS could be conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318962 by nikondyk
I tried looking through the pagesource with my limited knowledge of it, but couldn't see anything sticking out.
I'll pm a URL and a username/pw.

3 years 10 months ago #318965 by krileon
Looks like same issue as the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7019

Basically something keeps taking over the jQuery global variable. The only workaround is to turn off CBs jQuery loading in CB > Configuration > Integrations, which I have already done for you so it will use the jQuery loaded by Joomla. Since your template seams to always be loading jQuery this should work fine and reliably.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nikondyk

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn