[SOLVED] Can't edit blogs

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318934 by kdave321
[SOLVED] Can't edit blogs was created by kdave321
I have never had a problem myself editing my blogs but a member reports on her iPhone & in Chrome on her mini-laptop, that when she edits her blog, the textarea is not editable - it does not even seem to be a field.
Just wondering if you had an idea why...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't edit blogs
The editor area is whatever WYSIWYG editor you're using for your site. What do you have the WYSIWYG editor set to? It all seams fine to me using Joomlas TinyMCE. Sounds like the JS for the editor is failing to load though and would explain why it's not working, but not working on a specific device makes no sense and would suggest a problem with that device (browser out of date or maybe a browser extension causing problems).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318952 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Can't edit blogs
Works for me with JCE or None. She is using None.
I see the /media/editors/none/js/none.min.js file is still there. I can see that file loaded when I do it but hard to debug remotely. Anything I can tell her to try?

3 years 10 months ago #318957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't edit blogs
Try telling her to use JCE or TinyMCE instead of None and see if those work. Have her also try using a different browser if possible to rule out browser related issues. Aside from that I don't know what "the textarea is not editable - it does not even seem to be a field" really means. Is the input not visible at all? Is it grayed out like it's read only? Seams strange only she is experiencing this and is experiencing it on 2 separate devices.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318963 by kdave321
Yes, very strange. The textarea box will not take focus ( had her try both mouse click & tab from previous field ) . Right click shows the browser does not consider it a text field.
Will try a different editor next.
Curious if the "uneditable-input" class has been set...

3 years 10 months ago #319043 by kdave321
I found the problem. The user started out as an admin but switched her group to something lower. I have a single JCE defautl profile set up for admins, and she kept the JCE editor setting when she switched. The default editor for everyone else is None, and when I switched her to that, she could edit her blogs again.
So the odd thing is why JCE would fail for her user level - it simply doesn't load ( no buttons, etc ) I suspect a recent JCE update caused this. It still loads fine for admins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn