Forgot Password not sending.

3 years 10 months ago #318938 by hayesjames
Forgot Password not sending. was created by hayesjames
Hey there,

I can send emails from the Joomla SMPT stetup in configurations. I can also send bulk mailers emails to myself from within CB, I can also send messages fine as well. However, the email address confirmation emails and the forgotten password emails are not sending. Any ideas?

Thanks

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forgot Password not sending.
Try following the below SMTP configuration guide.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/149-usage/241765-smtp-connect-failed#315164

Have retested using GMail SMTP and still working ok on my end. Sometimes it's due to the port needing to be appended to the host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318953 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Forgot Password not sending.
Thanks for replying. The problem is not with sending emails per se, but just with emails from automated CB things like email address confirmations and password reset. I'm using Mailjet for emails and you can see from the attachment that Joomla/CB Mass mailer/jComments are all working fine. But cb-forgot-login is not working and Mailjet is not receiving?
Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forgot Password not sending.
Are you getting any errors with forgot login? If not then the mailer API is probably sending the email successfully, but it's being stopped for some reason in the mailer. Maybe Mailjet is rejecting it with some sort of spam filter? Do you have the output email address for registrations configured correctly (the Registration Email Address in CB > Configuration > Registration)? Is "Send Emails" set to "Yes" in CB > Configuration > Integrations? Try changing the email subject and body in CB > Configuration > Registration temporarily to see if it sends.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayesjames

3 years 10 months ago #318964 by hayesjames

the Registration Email Address in CB > Configuration > Registration

Is left blank so the same as the other systems that are working, I have also tried putting the address in both the from and reply-to fields with no joy.

Is "Send Emails" set to "Yes" in CB > Configuration > Integrations?

Yes, definitely set to yes

Try changing the email subject and body in CB > Configuration > Registration temporarily to see if it sends

Have just tried this, but no joy

Maybe Mailjet is rejecting it with some sort of spam filter?

See attached, Mailjet is not receiving the emails.

One other interesting this is if I select a user and click Resend Confirmation, I get the message "Sent confirmation emails to 0 users"

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318966 by hayesjames
Thanks for all your help on this, I have found out it was user error !!!!!

The person was adding in his username and email address incorrectly.

:laugh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn