Multi-vendor site invoicing issue

3 years 9 months ago #319004 by micheleq
Multi-vendor site invoicing issue was created by micheleq
Hi,
I'm having an issue I'm surprised I haven't had before.

I'm set up as follows:
  • This is a monthly subscription site with several teachers giving classes.
  • Users must pay a general access subscription and then they can choose a teacher for a class and pay for it.
  • The general subscription can be monthly, semi-annual, or annual, and they can upgrade from monthly to annual, etc. So I have 3 separate plans for the basic membership
  • I have a gateway for me (basic subscriptions) and then each teacher has their gateway, so they are paid directly. (All use PayPal)

I recently had somebody who at the same time they signed up for a teacher's class, they upgraded from monthly to annual, and the system paid it all out to the teacher.

Thankfully, I have a good relationship with the teachers and she alerted me and refunded the student. She asked the student to do it again paying separately, but the student did the exact same thing again, and the teacher got paid all of it, again.

Is there a way to prevent this? Is there a way for the different gateways (even if they are all PayPal) not be bunched together in one payment? Or at least forcing the plans to be subscribed one at a time?

For the basic plans (monthly, 6 month and annual) I have selected:
Exclusive plan: Exclusive, other plans of same parent cannot be subscribed same time, but one subscription is mandatory

For the Teacher's plans:
Parent plan: Top
Exclusive plan: Not exclusive, other plans of same parent can be subscribed same time, and subscription is not mandatory

I selected "Parent Plan: Top" for the teacher's plan as I cannot choose more than one, and the student might be paying the basic subscription via the monthly plan, semi-annual plan, or yearly plan.

Thank you,
Tomas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi-vendor site invoicing issue
You'll probably need to use the Owner ID field (under Pricing tab for plans and at bottom of page for gateways). This will restrict gateways to specific plans. So for your basic plan and gateway set the Owner ID to 1. For the teacher plans and gateways set the Owner ID to 2. Alternatively under Workflows you could use the Dynamic (not Static) conditions to prevent selecting the 2 different plans at the same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

3 years 9 months ago #319020 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Multi-vendor site invoicing issue

krileon wrote: You'll probably need to use the Owner ID field (under Pricing tab for plans and at bottom of page for gateways). This will restrict gateways to specific plans. So for your basic plan and gateway set the Owner ID to 1. For the teacher plans and gateways set the Owner ID to 2.

Yes, I'm already using different owner ID fields.

krileon wrote: Alternatively under Workflows you could use the Dynamic (not Static) conditions to prevent selecting the 2 different plans at the same time.

This might be the answer. I'm using the Static conditions. I'll try changing to Dynamic conditions. Did not - still don't- understand the difference.
Thanks
Tomas

3 years 9 months ago #319030 by krileon

Yes, I'm already using different owner ID fields.

Strange, so it's letting you reach the basket when selecting 2 plans that have 2 different owner ids?

This might be the answer. I'm using the Static conditions. I'll try changing to Dynamic conditions. Did not - still don't- understand the difference.

Dynamic conditions apply dynamically during plan selection. Static conditions apply before they even see the plans. The dynamic conditions can be used to prevent selection of a plan if another plan is selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319650 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Multi-vendor site invoicing issue
I had some time to test this and here's what I found:

1- This only happens when the user's base plan is still active or has expired and is in the grace period.
2- If the user's base plan has completely expired, they are prevented from logging in, and only the 3 base plans (monthly, semiannual, annual) are shown.
3- It happens from the profile page, under the "Subscription Tab". All the classes are excluded from the registration (Registration CB Workflows: No).
4- When using dynamic rules for the plans to hide if not allowed, if the class is checked first, and then a base plan is chosen (radial button) they still make it to the combined invoice. However, if a Class is selected and another -not allowed to combine- class is selected, then the checkbox is unchecked before the class is hidden. However, when all the plans are properly set up, this is not an issue, as all non allowed combinations hide on the first check box/radial button is selected.

The plans show as follows:

X Monthly
This is a monthly subscription.
Expired 07/15/2020
{button: Reactivate: USD xx.00 per month}

Your current subscription upgrade possibilities:
(radial button) Semiannual
USD xx.00 per 6 months

(radial button) Annual
USD xx.00 per year

(check box) Class A
USD xx.00 per month

(check box) Class B
USD xx.00 per month

(check box) Class C
USD xx.00 per month
{button: Upgrade}

It is clear that all invoices are combining, and PayPal bills one account for all the plans, even when there are different owner IDs. It seems that it is the highest owner ID number, or the last one? Not sure how it picks the owner.

How I've solved it for the time being (hopefully) is that in the dynamic conditions, I've only allowed plans by the same "owners", including the base plans.

This should prevent cross-invoicing.

Tomás

3 years 8 months ago #319663 by krileon
Owner ID is an experimental feature so it's not perfect as you're noticing. It won't directly block plans with different owners from being selected. The only way to do that is to use dynamic conditions as you're doing now to prevent plans from being mixed. In a mixed owner situation I believe it will just use the owner of the first plan in the basket. Please let us know if this happens again even after using dynamic conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn