[SOLVED] Changing group from Invite to Public

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319046 by ChristophG
Hello ...

I see no interface for the Group Owner to change his group from "Invite" to "Approve" or "Public.
Am I missing something?

Thanks ... Christoph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing group from Invite to Public
Does the category the group is in allow for those types? If so they should just be able to edit the group and on the group edit page adjust the Type parameter shown below.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319065 by ChristophG
Replied by ChristophG on topic Changing group from Invite to Public
Hello Kyle …
I'm not sure I understand your question regarding category. When I am logged into CB and I am in my Group as the Owner, I see no controls or tabs to edit the group. When I go to my profile, I see an "Edit" tab and a "Connections" tab. The edit tab shows only "Update Your Profile". Further down the page there is a tab with "Groups" and it contains a "New Group" control, but no "Edit Group." When I create a new group, there are the options to select open, approval or invite.

Also, when I create a new group, I do not see an ability to classify or put the group in a "Category" that you seem to refer to above. I know I'm getting a little old at 72, but where am I missing it?

Thanks … Christoph

3 years 10 months ago #319081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing group from Invite to Public

When I am logged into CB and I am in my Group as the Owner, I see no controls or tabs to edit the group.

Use the group menu shown below to reach group edit.

Also, when I create a new group, I do not see an ability to classify or put the group in a "Category" that you seem to refer to above.

It only displays if there are categories available to the user editing the group. This depends on category access, published state, and its create access parameter. Did you create categories in backend within CB GroupJive > Categories? If not then any group created will just be uncategorized and there won't be a category dropdown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #319098 by ChristophG
Replied by ChristophG on topic Changing group from Invite to Public
Thank you Kyle. I went back and created "Categories." Then, through the Joomla backend, assigned the appropriate categories to each existing group. This now gives me the editing capability.
Christoph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn