Several Issues - Summary

3 years 10 months ago #319083 by ChristophG
Several Issues - Summary was created by ChristophG
Hello ...
As I have said before, I'm new to CB but have come across several issues.
I thought of consolidating them for easier access to potential solutions. Please advise if they should be separated.

Process
I have installed CB and functionality seemed good. I created several dummy members to see the registration process.
Process was the same for all:
1. i received e-mail telling me of required e-mail confirmation
2. I received e-mail telling me of approved membership status
I could not sign in, prior to confirmation.

However, I have asked a friend to join to see if he had easy registration. Here is the result:
1. He signed up
2. He received e-mail telling him of required confirmation
3. He immediately received 2nd e-mail telling him he was approved (he did not confirm first e-mail)
4. He attempted to sign in prior to confirming, and was allowed access

I deleted his account from the back end of Joomla and asked him to create a new account, which he did.
He received the same 2 e-mails simultaneously. he did not attempt to sign in prior to confirmation.
He confirmed and then signed in. (I have created 3 dummy "Invite" groups). One of my groups appeared in his profile.
Note: There was no request made by him to join any groups. I deleted account.

Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Several Issues - Summary
I've no clue what workflow you've setup to cause that. Have you been using CB Auto Actions? It is an advanced tool not recommended for beginners beyond the System Actions.

Do not use Joomla user manager to create, edit, or delete users. You need to be using CB > User Management.

If approval and confirmation is enabled they need to confirm their email and a moderator will then be notified to approve them. It sounds like you may have confirmed them by accident when approving them. It's also possible you may have incorrectly configure the Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation giving them moderator permissions by accident, which can happen if it's accidentally set to Public or Registered.

If you are using the auto join field then they don't need to be invited to a group as it can join the group automatically during registration. CB Auto Actions can also be used to auto join groups. If the group invite is an email address invite then it will auto accept during registration if the email matches an invite.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn