Staying logged in and Keepalive

3 years 10 months ago #319118 by kdave321
Staying logged in and Keepalive was created by kdave321
A user is getting repeatedly logged out while using my site. I have watched her screenshare remotely and she can be in the middle of writing a post or scrolling a page and it hangs and then asks her to log in again.

This is very odd since I have the session timer at 4 hours and the remember me plugin set to 4 months.

I know you've addressed this issue in the forum before, but I was wondering about trying the various session timer countdown extensions, like
Session Keeper
It says "If you have the login module assigned to display on all pages, your logged in users will never see the warning message. This is because the Joomla login module enables keepalive for all pages where it appears. When keepalive is enabled on a page - the warning messages will not be displayed because the user will never time out".
I assume CB Login does the same and I have it on every page, so this extension wouldn't work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Staying logged in and Keepalive
CB does not manage Joomla sessions. If she's being logged out it won't be because of anything CB is doing since we don't manage the session. Either Joomla is deleting her session (check _sessions table to see if it exists) or her browser is.

That extension is for Joomla login module so it likely won't work with CB. Joomlas keepalive is output by CB; you'll notice "JHtml::_( 'behavior.keepalive' );" in CBs login module template files which is what outputs it. Ideally yes you should have a login module set to display on all pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn