Documentation on Triggers?

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319626 by petekuhn
Documentation on Triggers? was created by petekuhn
I read your tutorial on triggers. Are the CB/CBSubs triggers documented anywhere?

Also, it wasn't clear whether to use these in a Joomla plug-in or a CB plug-in,, and if the latter, what it should look like.

TIA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Documentation on Triggers?
We've the below documentation providing a list of triggers and their variables. It also shows how to use triggers in your own plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

However the easiest approach is to simply explain what you're wanting to do and where so we can suggest the best trigger to use if one is available for what you're wanting to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319633 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Documentation on Triggers?
We have a plan where the member pays with volunteer hours instead of money. What I'd like to do is intercept the renewal for that plan and redirect it to our component that manages volunteer hour recording.

3 years 8 months ago #319639 by krileon
You could make your volunteer hours a field then create a promotion that uses that field as its value and limit that promotion to that plan. This would allow them to pay for their subscription without trying to redirect them away. You could pull the volunteer hours to that field from your external system either using CB Query Field (query your external database), CB Code Field (use PHP to access your external platforms API), or CB Auto Actions (query or code based to update a fields value).

Aside from that I recommend just not displaying that plan at all and instead providing a Joomla menu link or Joomla article regarding volunteer hour plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petekuhn

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #319872 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Documentation on Triggers?

Aside from that I recommend just not displaying that plan at all and instead providing a Joomla menu link or Joomla article regarding volunteer hour plans.

That sounds like a good solution. I haven't been able to figure out how to prevent the plan reactivation/renewal from appearing on the front-end but still allowing it to be done on the back-end.

3 years 7 months ago #319878 by krileon
If you want the plan to only be accessible in backend then edit your plan and under Access set "Allow access from site frontend" to "No: this plan is not visible in site, only in admin backend".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn