User Menu Translation in Multilingual Site

3 years 8 months ago #319641 by eciudad
I have read this:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/236968-cb-lists-and-profiles-in-multilingual-site?start=6

Also did the Joomla Multilingual process explained in it. I just can see how to have the User Menu translated in every language selected. The CB Google Translation plugin makes the whole site too slow. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Menu Translation in Multilingual Site
Multilingual menus has nothing to do with CB. That's just normal Joomla multilingual setup. To have multilingual menus ensure you've the language plugins for Joomla installed that you want to support. Next just create menu items for each language. So for example you'd have 3 different menu items to CBs profile page with each having a different language selected. You'll need to check Joomla documentation if you need more help with that.

For CB itself to be multilingual you need to have the relevant CB language plugins installed in relation to Joomla. So for example if you've Spanish Joomla language plugin then you need to also install the Spanish CB language plugin. That's all you need to do in that regard as CB will load the appropriate language plugin based off the Joomla language being used. For fields, tabs, etc.. to be multilingual you'll need to translate their titles in your CB language plugins using language overrides as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319698 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic User Menu Translation in Multilingual Site
Thank you.
If I understand correctly, I already did this and it did not translate everything:

"For CB itself to be multilingual you need to have the relevant CB language plugins installed in relation to Joomla. So for example if you've Spanish Joomla language plugin then you need to also install the Spanish CB language plugin. That's all you need to do in that regard as CB will load the appropriate language plugin based off the Joomla language being used."

Then, I have to create all menus, tabs, fields, including the CB user menus and logins for all languages? Is this done in the overwrite and then they will display for each language?

3 years 8 months ago #319704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Menu Translation in Multilingual Site

If I understand correctly, I already did this and it did not translate everything:

It will only translate core language strings and that's if the language plugin is complete. It's possible for a nightly build of a plugin to introduce new language strings that will need to be translated, but that doesn't happen often. It will not translate custom tab titles, custom fields, etc..

Then, I have to create all menus, tabs, fields, including the CB user menus and logins for all languages? Is this done in the overwrite and then they will display for each language?

You only need multiple Joomla menu items if you intended on having the SEO of those menu items be language specific. As for tabs/fields you just need to use a language key for the tab/field title then translate that language key using language overrides in your CB language plugins (see link provided in my previous reply on how to do this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319823 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic User Menu Translation in Multilingual Site
Sorry for the delay in response. Will try your recommendation. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn