Triogger for chekbox in group

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319921 by kysin
Triogger for chekbox in group was created by kysin
I recently asked a question about the checkbox ( here ). The proposed method works for a single checkbox. If you include it in a group, it doesn't work. What method can work for a checkbox included in a group?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Triogger for chekbox in group
Include it in a group? You mean condition against a Multi-Checkbox field? You'd just switch the "Not Equal To" operator to "Does Not Contain".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319926 by kysin
Replied by kysin on topic Triogger for chekbox in group
No. Include in field type "Field Group".

3 years 8 months ago #319928 by krileon
Conditions against or substitutions of fields in field groups is significantly more complicated. See the below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/242183-accessing-the-individual-fields-within-a-field-group#316989

So for example you'd have the below condition.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [cb_fieldgroup__0__cb_checkbox]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1

"cb_fieldgroup" is the name of the field group field the checkbox field is in. "0" is the row it's in (first row always has an index of 0 and increments up from there). "cb_checkbox" is the name of the checkbox field.

The above condition checks if the field has been checked. There is no way to compare old value against new value in field group fields like you've done in your previous topic for a regular checkbox field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319931 by kysin
Replied by kysin on topic Triogger for chekbox in group
Does it means that if the checkbox is checked, the trigger will be triggered every time the profile is updated?

3 years 8 months ago #319941 by krileon
Yes. You can try the below, but I'm not sure it'll work.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_cb_fieldgroup_0_cb_checkbox]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var3_cb_fieldgroup_0_cb_checkbox]

This will try using the nested extra substitution parsing in CB Auto Actions, but it may not go deep enough into the variables to parse that out.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: kysin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn