Email with "Drop Down (Single Select)

3 years 7 months ago #320263 by kysin
Hello!
I use "Drop Down (Single Select)". How can I make that an email is sent five days after the "Waiting" value is selected? However, if I select a different value during this time, no mail is sent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320269 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email with "Drop Down (Single Select)
Best way to send scheduled emails is to use a newsletter extension like AcyMailing. The only way to reliably do what you're wanting is a scheduler of some kind. You could use CB Auto Actions new Batching feature and an auto action to send the emails for example, but you'll need to schedule that auto action to be ran using a CRON task. The below blog post shows the new batching feature available in CB Auto Actions.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18891-cb-auto-actions-8-1-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321044 by kysin
Replied by kysin on topic Email with "Drop Down (Single Select)
There is no need to send mail on a schedule. I need to send 1 message to the moderator after 5 days if a certain value is selected in the "Drop Down" field. Could you explain with an example?

3 years 5 months ago #321052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email with "Drop Down (Single Select)
You're wanting to send an email 5 days after the field has changed. That is a schedule. You'd first need a way to keep track of when the field changed so you have something to condition against. You'd then not want to send the email again of course so you'd need to keep track of who was already emailed once the email is sent.

There is no out of the box solution for what you're wanting outside of CBSubs Mailer, which is primarily meant to work with CB Paid Subscriptions. This means you need to implement your own solution. It's possible to implement your own solution using CB Auto Actions and its new Batching feature with a few auto actions. The alternative is to see if something like AcyMailing can be used to schedule an email to be sent 5 days later in which case you'd use a single auto action to schedule that right when the fields value changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn