Hello!
When I fill out Field (Type:File)>Parameters>Layout

then the ability to delete the file disappears:

How do I get it back?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ability to delete the file disappears
You are completely overriding the edit display. Ensure to include [value] in your layout which will substitution in the fields normal edit display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320508 by kysin
Replied by kysin on topic Ability to delete the file disappears
Could you explain with an example.

3 years 6 months ago #320527 by krileon
Simply add [value] to your layout. Example as follows.

<div>Hello!</div>
[value]

[value] is used to output the fields actual display code. In this case for the profile edit layout it's the edit display of a field. Since your layout doesn't include it you won't be able to edit the field since you're not outputting its edit display anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320614 by kysin
Replied by kysin on topic Ability to delete the file disappears
In this case, both the "Profile Value Layout":

and the "Filename":

and the "Drop-down list":

are shown.

I need only the "Profile Value Layout" and "Drop-down list" to be shown
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #320625 by krileon
I've no idea what that "Filename" field is. Are you sure that's not just another field above your file field? Below is what a file field should display as during profile edit with and without a file.

With File

Without File

As explained above [value] just outputs the fields value for that layout. So if you're editing the "Profile Edit Value Layout" layout it will be the edit display for that field. If you're editing "Profile Value Layout" layout then it will be the profile display for that field. You can't selectively display half of a fields display; there is no functionality for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn