CB Conditional Show field Group on registration is empty

3 years 6 months ago #320616 by matt@harrington.co.nz
CB Conditional Show field Group on registration is empty was created by matt@harrington.co.nz
I have CB Conditional Show for a field group and each field however during registration the field group is blank without any of the field group fields. The Fields are all set to the same condition. Is this a bug?

Cheers, Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320637 by krileon
Conditions on fields inside of a field group are not supported. You should be able to condition the entire field group, but that would be all you'd be able to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320647 by ericmuc

krileon wrote: Conditions on fields inside of a field group are not supported. You should be able to condition the entire field group, but that would be all you'd be able to do.

Hi,
I needed now a condition view inside a field group. Is this feature planned in future?
But I have an idea: the profile output could be generated with [value]. How can I achieve, that it is only be shown if a checkbox value of another field is Yes?
Thanks
Best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #320648 by ericmuc
Solved: [cb:if field_name="No"][value][/cb:if]

3 years 6 months ago #320649 by ericmuc
Additional question: can I place a language string into the value field of a substitution string? I am getting only the name of the string and no translation. What can I do?

3 years 6 months ago #320662 by krileon

I needed now a condition view inside a field group. Is this feature planned in future?

Yes, conditions inside of a field group are planned in a future release, but would take major changes in CB Conditional to support it so for the time being it is not supported.

Solved: [cb:if field_name="No"][value][/cb:if]

Substitutions inside of field groups are supported so usages like this will certainly work.

Additional question: can I place a language string into the value field of a substitution string? I am getting only the name of the string and no translation. What can I do?

Not sure I understand correctly. You're setting a fields value to a language string? No, that won't work as user input isn't passed through translations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn