Removing Connections Type From Configurations

3 years 6 months ago #320691 by eciudad
If I remove some of the types from the Connection Type Selection, located at the Connection Tab on the CB configuration Menu, to prevent users to select some of them (ex. Co Worker, CONN_TYPE_ACQUAINTANCE, CONN_TYPE_BESTFRIEND, CONN_TYPE_BOSS), does this affect system operations of any source? OR Is there a way to hide the ones that do not closely match the objective of the website?

One more question, when users on their profile click on their background, a gif type spiral comes out and the background enters in an edit mode, Is there to prevent entering on edit mode that way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320707 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Removing Connections Type From Configurations

does this affect system operations of any source? OR Is there a way to hide the ones that do not closely match the objective of the website?

You can freely remove connection types.

One more question, when users on their profile click on their background, a gif type spiral comes out and the background enters in an edit mode, Is there to prevent entering on edit mode that way?

That's ajax editing. Yes, you can turn that off by editing the canvas field in CB > Field Management and under Integrations > CB Core Fields Ajax turn off ajax editing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

3 years 6 months ago #320755 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Removing Connections Type From Configurations
Thank you Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn