[SOLVED] CB Profile Update Logger

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #320986 by eciudad
[SOLVED] CB Profile Update Logger was created by eciudad
I just went live today and I enabled the CB Profile Update Logger. I logged back into the system and a pop up window showed asking for me to agree to the privacy policy. I did not expecte. I am using the Google CB plug-in. How do I remove those selections from there without turning off CB Profile Update Logger?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Update Logger
CB Profile Update Logger has nothing to do with accepting a privacy policy. You're either using Joomlas privacy policy plugin or you turned on verify consent within CBs Joomla plugin. Both plugins are found in Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321046 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic CB Profile Update Logger
Thank you Kyle.
I disabled it.

I read the below postings and was following to attempt to comply with GDPR and must go confused.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18788-gdpr-compliance-with-community-builder

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-profile-update-logger

I read about the CB integration with core Joomla instead of other extensions. Would like do cookie tracking. Is anything on CB that would allow me to do that?

3 years 5 months ago #321053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Update Logger
We don't provide a cookie consent plugin. There's dozens of those available for Joomla though and in theory any should work fine. However you should make sure you even need one. So many sites implement them when they don't even need it. Out of the box Joomla + CB would not require cookie consent, but if you've something like Google Analytics running you would need consent before enabling tracking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

3 years 5 months ago #321153 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic CB Profile Update Logger
Thank you. I have downloaded and installed an extension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn