CB Paid Subscriptions payment gateway redirection

3 years 6 months ago #321007 by llau
Hi there,

We're currently using the "PayPal" payment gateway, and right now when a user clicks the Upgrade button to subscribe to a new plan, they get taken to the page shown in the attached screenshot.

Now I have 2 questions:

I'm wondering if there is a way to make filling out the invoicing address mandatory before the user gets redirected to the payment gateway?

If we use another CB paid subscriptions plugin for "Stripe" payment gateway, will it work the same way, or can we make it so that it takes them directly to Stripe after they click the "Upgrade" button? Depending how customizable Stripe is we may be purchasing this plugin.

Thank you kindly in advance,
V
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #321025 by krileon

I'm wondering if there is a way to make filling out the invoicing address mandatory before the user gets redirected to the payment gateway?

If your only payment gateway is PayPal I suggest just turning off the invoice address. PayPal handles that collection on its own so isn't really necessary. At any rate yes it can be made mandatory in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. It can also be turned off there. Specifically the "Invoicing address handling at payment time" parameter.

If we use another CB paid subscriptions plugin for "Stripe" payment gateway, will it work the same way, or can we make it so that it takes them directly to Stripe after they click the "Upgrade" button? Depending how customizable Stripe is we may be purchasing this plugin.

Depends on what mode you set Stripe to. We support on-site payments with Stripe and we also support Stripes hosted checkout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: llau

3 years 5 months ago #321174 by llau
Thanks Krileon, I've turned off the invoicing, but I'm wondering if it's possible to add a "custom" PayPal button of our own instead of the default button which CB uses?

The reason for this is that we are using Taxjar with PayPal for the handling of the different taxes.

Thank you kindly,
V
Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #321178 by krileon

I've turned off the invoicing, but I'm wondering if it's possible to add a "custom" PayPal button of our own instead of the default button which CB uses?

Yup, that's doable. Edit your PayPal gateway within CBSubs > Gateway and scroll down to the "Presentation" section. There you can select one of the predefined buttons from "Payment Button" or use "Custom Payment Button Text or Image" to supply your own custom text or image.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: llau

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn