Hardcoving cover photo

3 years 6 months ago #321060 by timstohr
Hardcoving cover photo was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
For some weird and unusual reasons, my colleagues want me to hardcode the cover photo in some instances (long story). I need to use the profile value field (I am guessing) to put in the URL of the photo. "eg: images/logo-hard.png"

The problem is when I put in the URL, it litterally gives me the URL as output. How can I make it display the picture?

Kind regards,

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #321067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hardcoving cover photo
Edit the canvas field in CB > Field Management and under Parameters > Image Display change Empty Default to your image. You can upload your custom default to the below location.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/canvas

Alternative is upload your image to the below folder and just select it from the image gallery.

/images/comprofiler/gallery/canvas

I do not suggest trying to hardcode your own output. I can not guarantee any form of support for that usage, which at any time could simply break due to us changing canvas layout behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn