User profile menu not visible again after update CB?

3 years 3 months ago #322251 by jeroen aalders
Work fine now on other browsers after the bug fix. Must be something with my firefox still stuck or so. Thanks and have a great new year now!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322256 by jeroen aalders
I have reinstalled my Firefox on my android phone and windows laptop and tried every trick in the book but I still cannot get the 'Edit' or 'Connections' menu to open on both devices. Same result with your demo when logged in as a user (demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles)
FYI & In addition, when hovering on the 'i' icon next for example first name field on edit profile view the pop-up doesn't appear on Firefox browsers. Maybe this can be taking into account on the diagnostics?
Works fine on Google Chrome but I guess Firefox should be doing the trick too, right?
Maybe you've some more tips or ideas...?

3 years 3 months ago #322262 by krileon
I'm not sure the cause yet. I'm still investigating the issue. Another user is experiencing the same below though.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/243372-cb-firefox-conflict#322261

I was able to cause the issue to happen once after navigating to profile edit then back, but it's not reliably happening. Very strange.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322263 by jeroen aalders
OK good-luck on crushing the bug - keep me posted.

3 years 3 months ago #322264 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause. The window load event we're using to bind tooltips sometimes fails on Firefox. Not sure why, but am reviewing alternative ways to bind the tooltips to fix the issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8328

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322267 by krileon
This should now be fixed in latest build release. Demo site will be updated in an hour or so when it refreshes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn