[SOLVED] [#8341] Conflict between CB Google Translate and CB Activity (notifications & messages)

3 years 3 months ago #322407 by krileon

In practice, Google Translate changes the top position of the notification panel.

Can you provide a screenshot of how it's displaying for you? Google Translate shouldn't be altering the pages CSS. All of its CSS is specific to itself.

One question: if I wanted to collaborate for the Italian translation of Community Builder and its plugins, how could I do it?

Visit the localization page below if you want to join a language team.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Krileon (I know you will answer me on Monday, but in the meantime I will inform you), you can see in the screenshot what Google reports when I open notifications from mobile.

I hope this problem can be solved, because I don't like the idea of having to give up a multilingual site for a problem of this kind.

That has nothing to do with your issue. That's just jQuery Migrate log. You don't even need jQuery Migrate enabled in CB > Configuration > Integrations as all core and product jQuery is compatible without it.

Krileon, I just found that the problem only occurs with screens with a maximum width of 575 px. From 576 px and up, notifications and messages are seen regularly.

I don't think it's a coincidence, because 575.98 is exactly the maximum size set in the bootstrap to hide the tabs in the navbar.

I hope this information that I am giving you can be useful in solving the problem.

So the notifications window does not display correctly on mobile only if Google Translate has been used?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #322440 by Compix83

So the notifications window does not display correctly on mobile only if Google Translate has been used?

The notification window doesn't work even if Google Translate has not been used. It stops working as soon as the CB Plugin is published.

That has nothing to do with your issue. That's just jQuery Migrate log. You don't even need jQuery Migrate enabled in CB > Configuration > Integrations as all core and product jQuery is compatible without it.

Thanks Krileon, I just disabled it.

Can you provide a screenshot of how it's displaying for you? Google Translate shouldn't be altering the pages CSS. All of its CSS is specific to itself.

Of course! Look below.
In reality the notifications are there, but they are "out of sight".
In the screenshot you see, I am in the highest position of the template. If I change the "top" from "-2755.43px" to "0", I see the notifications.
But I don't see the notifications again if I reopen them in a lower position of the template.
Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #322469 by krileon
Ok, was able to duplicate your issue. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix it at this time though as it appears to be a conflict directly caused by Google Translate applying some CSS to the body element of the page. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8341

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Compix83

3 years 3 months ago #322512 by Compix83

3 years 3 months ago #322729 by krileon
Ok, was able to find and fix the issue. The fix will be applied to core CB, but the below can be used to quickfix the issue.

.cbTooltipModalOpen {
    position: initial !important;
}

You can use CBs template CSS overrides feature below to apply the above CSS.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, Compix83

3 years 3 months ago #322788 by Compix83
Thank you very much, Krileon. Now it works perfectly!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn