[CLOSED] [#8348] TinyMCE not working in editor text area field in front end only

3 years 3 months ago #322697 by krileon
Ah, I misunderstood the issue. I thought it wasn't displaying an editor at all. It is, but just isn't saving. That's likely a bug in CB Core Fields Ajax and have added a bug ticket for further investigation. The JS that Joomla used to trigger when an editor is being saved doesn't exist anymore so probably need to handle things a bit differently in CB Core Fields Ajax now.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8348

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322716 by krileon
This should now be fixed in latest build release of CB Core Fields Ajax. Both TinyMCE and CodeMirror tested working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322718 by systems
Awesome!
Thanks for the quick fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 2 months ago #322768 by systems
Hi Kyle,
I am still experiencing a problem with the editor.
It seems you cant make more than one change to an editor field without reloading the page.
E.g - make a change to the field and click update to save and it works fine. Make another change to field and click update to save and it does not work. If I reload the page between updates it works.
This is happening on your test sight at the link you provided too.

3 years 2 months ago #322773 by krileon
Was able to confirm. Not sure of the cause yet. These editors just flat out are not designed for ajax environments. I'm basically having to implement wonky JS workarounds to force them to save. My guess is there's an internal cache in the editor that I need to clear to force another save.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8353

Good news is it's not super common to edit, save, edit, save fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 2 months ago #322774 by krileon
Ok, this is now fixed in latest CB Core Fields Ajax build. Needed to clear the TinyMCE cache between saves to prevent it from doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn