Idea... Possible to use AA to fill out title of Activity with special asset?

3 years 2 months ago #322594 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
What do think, is that possible? Lets say I have an AA that is onAfterCreateActivity Item, then can that AA add a title to that activity? Eg I have a Group to do (groupjive.group.X.custom.todo), then when it gets posted the AA is activated and it changes the title of the activity from nothing to "Group task".

Not really sure how to set it up but that way would be the easiest to "mark" all entries in a custom activity stream...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322596 by krileon
Yup, that's doable. CB GroupJive and CB Gallery are modifying activity entirely using a trigger. Specifically activity_onDisplayStreamActivity can be used to modify multiple aspects of an activity entry. If you want to do this at time of storage then that can also be done with activity_onBeforeCreateStreamActivity. Both send several reference variables for modifying their contents.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322600 by timstohr
OK now that is powerful and I can do pretty much everything I need with this. I will come back to you soon as I am guessing that I will need help with finding the variables. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn