Issue with cb gallery after last updates

3 years 2 months ago #322673 by liaskas
Hello.

I use cb gallery for years now and with the last updates (cb, gallery, etc) i am dealing with a problem that i can not figure out what is caused from.

When viewing the gallery thumbnails on activity stream or user profile page, everything is fine.

When you click on a thumbnail the page gets darker but the lightbox (used to view the full size image) does not load. Not even the loader of the lightbox.

Trying to find out why, i cleared the cache and clicked again on a gallery thumbnail. The lightbox worked only one time. Then it stopped working again.

Cleared cache again. Same problem! The lightbox worked only one time. Then it stopped working.

Can you please advise?

Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.9.24 Stable
CB version: 2.4.7+build.2021.01.13.21.19.36.4c90345f9
PHP Version: 7.4.14

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322691 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue with cb gallery after last updates
Try disabling Joomla page cache if enabled and see if your issue persists. If it does persists press F12 to open your browsers developer tools and select the Console tab. Next click a gallery entry and cause your issue. See if there are any fatal errors (they'll be in red) in the console. If there are any errors please provide them. Sounds like the JS is failing for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322702 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Issue with cb gallery after last updates
Thank you for your reply Krileon.

Followed your recomendation. Disabled cache, cleared existing cache but still the problem is there.

As you suggested, here is the browser console report:

Region.jsm: Error fetching region TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. Region.jsm:374:11
_getRegion resource://gre/modules/Region.jsm:374

Region.jsm: Failed to fetch region Error: NO_RESULT
_getRegion resource://gre/modules/Region.jsm:376

Region.jsm:172:11
_fetchRegion resource://gre/modules/Region.jsm:172

Region.jsm: Error fetching region TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. Region.jsm:374:11

Then there are a few warnings and a final error at the end

InvalidStateError: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable 36 PictureInPictureChild.jsm:298
handleEvent resource://gre/actors/PictureInPictureChild.jsm:298

Hope that this is what you asked

Thank you.

3 years 2 months ago #322704 by krileon
That looks like a browser error. What browser are you using and what version browser? What is the media type you're trying to open (picture, video, file, etc..)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322706 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Issue with cb gallery after last updates
Tested on firefox and edge latest versions.

Both browsers same problem for images and videos.

3 years 2 months ago #322708 by krileon
Appears to be working fine in my tests. Are you able to confirm the issue exists for you on our demo site below?

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-gallery
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-gallery/cb-gallery-bot

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn