How to take out commenting on CB Activity with a certain asset

3 years 2 months ago #322730 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I need to take out commenting on a certain asset (groupjive.group.x.custom.groupchat). I can do it in the groups without any problems but then it is sending out notifications which go to the activity directly /activity-hidden?action=activity&func=show&id=877 but in this case, it shows the commenting.

I now have two choices:
1) I change the link in the notifications to point directly towards the group where the stuff was posted (prefered but have tried everything and didnt succeed)
2) Get rid of the commenting on all activity with the above asset. I am guessing that I have to set up an AA for that with onBeforeDisplayStreamItem but I have no idea how to do that.

Could you please help?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322731 by krileon
Isn't "groupjive.group.x.custom.groupchat" already a custom auto action for adding the stream? You should be able to turn off commenting on that stream there. Alternative is whatever notification system action you're using add a condition against the asset so it's ignored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn