Dropdown field does not pick up

3 years 2 months ago #322851 by NickOg
Dropdown field does not pick up was created by NickOg
I have a Drop Down Single Select field. The Group is always required to be No and the database shows all the fields as set to 0.
The problem is that whenever we want to add or edit a value in the Drop down several of those group fields lose their apparent setting and force us to reselect No before we can save the change. See image attached.

Is there some means of avoiding this?

Regards

Nick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dropdown field does not pick up
So when you press "Add Rows" it resets all the Groups that were set to Yes to No? or is it only doing this after adding a new row then saving? Please describe your exact steps as this appears working fine in my tests. Please also be sure you're on latest CB 2.5 release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322888 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Dropdown field does not pick up
No - not that Krileon.

The situation is that, as you know, you must set a value on each of these fields before you can save the update. That I do and from a users perspective all is fine. The new option is available in the users form. The problem is that next time I load the editor for that same field then several/many are cleared again. Just now there are 20 odd cleared so.

The values in the db table are still all set to 0.

It isn't a huge problem as we don't change the values often but a puzzle.

We are on the latest version of Joomla (3.9.22) and Community Builder (2.5)
Regards
Nick
Attachments:

3 years 1 month ago #322902 by krileon
By values in the database being 0 do you mean in the _comprofiler_field_values table? That is only after saving for a second time? How many dropdown options are configured on the field? It's possible you're hitting PHP input limit and that could explain weird save behavior. You also have several Groups with no Yes/No selected. Please be sure either Yes or No is selected as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #322955 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Dropdown field does not pick up
Hi Kyle,

Yes - in table comprofiler_field_values.
For the particular fieldid - in fact all fieldids the fieldgroup is set to 0. And that doesn't change as I save that field. I have 2 of this type (dropdown (single) in use but for this fieldid whenever I load the field editor - several are not shown as either Yes of No. There are 66 entries for that field id. The only other dropdown (single) field that I have used has 47 values and is fine.

Comparing those two I see that the offending field is flagged as required and the other not. I will compare the two fields and see if there are other differences but presumably that should not make any difference.

Nick

3 years 1 month ago #322994 by krileon

several are not shown as either Yes of No.

Strange, try setting all of them as either Yes/No and save to be sure they have stored value. Each option is around 4 inputs so roughly 264 inputs there. I guess combined with other inputs from other parameters it's possible you're hitting input limits and some inputs are just being excluded from the POST. Is there any other heavy configuration on the field like lots of conditions? Typically when you've dropdown that large you'll want to turn to external storage and use CB Query Select fieldtype instead which will build a dropdown from a custom database table. It starts to get pretty unmanageable on that tab with too many options.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn