Activity - Metadata when we post a link of a group GJ

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323337 by Julien04
Hello,

When I post a link from a GJ group in an activity with the link tab:

- The display of the bug site logo

The loaded link is www.name_domain.com/itemmenu/ID-name_category/images/logo/logo.png

Is it possible to correct the loading of this url by:

www.name_domain.com/images/logo/logo.png

- The metadata description displays the general description of the site

Modifying the metadata of the itemmenu does not change anything.

Is there a solution to master the content of the description of this metadata in this use?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323342 by krileon
You're posting a link on the activity stream that's from the site the activity stream is on? The link parsing just parses the page looking for media. My guess is the media on that page is using relative URLs and is why it's outputting a URL like that. Added a bug ticket to fix this in the link parsing behavior in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8384

As for other metadata it's just looking quite literally for metadata HTML nodes. If they exist it will use them. Check your pages metadata to ensure it's being set correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323357 by Julien04
Yes I publish a link of a GJ group accessible to members but not to the public.

I manage to master the title tag which is the menu title of the item associated with CBPlugin> CBGroupJive> AllCategory by setting it only to public access.

By integrating a Metadata description in this itemmenu, it is ignored.

I tried to do the same thing by switching all the plugins to public access but that does not solve the problem.

In this context, CB activity only loads the menu title if I set the access of the item in public.

It does load the logo but with the url in addition to the link which creates an image not displayed.

For the meta description he always refers to the main page of the site, anyway.

So much for my observations! Thank you for your support!

3 years 2 months ago #323368 by krileon

In this context, CB activity only loads the menu title if I set the access of the item in public.

Correct, that's because Joomla would redirect the HTTP call away. The HTTP call is made as a public user.

It does load the logo but with the url in addition to the link which creates an image not displayed.

The image not loading is due to the relative image bug noted above. Will be investigating and fixing that in a future release.

For the meta description he always refers to the main page of the site, anyway.

If you've set a global meta description then that'll be output to the page by Joomla. CB Activity is just grabbing whatever metadata is on the page. If you want it to grab better metadata then fix the metadata on your site itself, which is also a good idea since Google and other search engines will also be using that metadata. For per-page metadata you need to set that within your Joomla menu items.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323385 by Julien04
Ok thanks for this info, I was on the right track.

I have already configured the metadata in the options of the page linked to the CB> GJ plugin but the meta description is not taken into account.

In the source code, I see that the page retrieves the general description of the site's global metadata.

I then tested a lot of things while being sure that the accesses were in public.

And I noticed that all the menu pages configured with CB, do not take the description of the metadata made in the options of this page.

When trying to link with components other than CB, the description metadata works.

I then ask myself the question if I have configured or disabled some things in CB that would block the retrieval of the metadescription?

Could it be a problem of access rights of a plugin? Even having taken care to pass them in public to carry out this test?

Could you, to test on your side, create a (public) page in a (public) menu linked to CB> Plugin> Groupjive> All categories and another to any other link to CB (I tried with login form & registration form) then look at the source code of the page to see if the meta description that you will have set in the page metadata options are active?

Thanks !!

3 years 2 months ago #323390 by krileon
CB Activity caches the link fetch behavior. So if you're making changes after CB Activity has already cached the link and are trying to retest sharing the link then CB Activity won't see those changes. Be sure to empty Joomla cache between changes to clear the link caching.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn