Activities in groups should only be seen by registered users.

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #323591 by LukyPunco
How can I ensure that only registered users can see the posts in groups? I only have "Public", "Private" and "Connections" to choose from.
But if I choose "Private", then nobody sees the posts and with "Public" everyone sees it and with "Connections" only Connections.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323592 by LukyPunco
I have solved the problem, but I would like to move the item "Registered" up under "Public", but that doesn't work, right?

Attachments:

3 years 2 weeks ago #323605 by krileon
Make a copy of the "CB Groupjive - Stream" auto action in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. Now unpublish the "CB Groupjive - Stream" system action. Next in your copy set the Access parameter to Registered. Note this won't adjust access for the activity outside of the group, but will hide the stream in the group. As you've discovered only CB Privacy can set access everywhere it's rendered.

I have solved the problem, but I would like to move the item "Registered" up under "Public", but that doesn't work, right?

Privacy rules cannot be moved around in the dropdown. The system action "CB Activity - Privacy - New" is responsible for outputting the privacy selector in CB Activity, but it is not GJ specific so if you make a copy to adjust its parameters please keep in mind it will impact all streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 weeks ago #323640 by LukyPunco
Hi krileon,

iOK, thank you for the info.

Ludwig

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.808 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn