Email Reconfirm Seems Backwards

3 years 1 month ago #323599 by bascherz
Email Reconfirm Seems Backwards was created by bascherz
I just tested the Email Reconfirm feature and I was surprised to see it sent the reconfirm email to the OLD address. It should send it to the NEW address. Otherwise, it's not confirming the NEW address, that the change was valid.

Also, I suspect there may be some weirdness in the profile editor until the reconfirm link is clicked. If someone changes their email address with reconfirm email enabled, it doesn't change their address right away. Then, if they edit their profile for some other reason, i seems to change it then. Or something...it's changing on that next profile save. I have received Loom video evidence that users are seeing this happening.

I am wondering if Email Reconfirm is worth the trouble it is causing. Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Reconfirm Seems Backwards
Is CB Reconfirm Email up to date? There was a bug with it sending to the wrong email address, but that should be fixed in latest release already. It can send 2 emails. To the original email address to notify them of the change attempt and a link to cancel it (if enabled; is disabled by default) then to the new email address for them to confirm the change. Saving profile twice shouldn't bypass this and am not seeing such an issue in my tests.

It's possible you may have an auto action acting on profile save triggers that's interrupting CB Reconfirm Email changing the fields. Do you have any auto actions acting on profile update triggers?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323631 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Email Reconfirm Seems Backwards
I have several AA's that trigger off profile saving. All of them have conditions that would bypass their respective actions if confirmation is the reason. There is no profile update AA that blindly modifies any profile field if that's what you mean.

What sort of action would "interrupt" CB acting on the confirmation?

3 years 1 month ago #323635 by krileon
A user store would likely cause problems for CB Reconfirm Email. What actions are you doing on profile update?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323645 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Email Reconfirm Seems Backwards
I guess I am not familiar with what constitutes a "user store". Most of my AAs triggered off profile update are either the Query or Code type. But there are a couple of the Field type.

There are eight AAs triggered off profile update. Most of them do not update the profile. These do.
  • One has a condition that will nearly always evaluate to true. This one sets a specific profile field to NULL.
  • All the others have conditions that would not typically evaluate to true other than for a manual profile update.

There are three other AA's triggered off onAfterUserConfirm, though I get the feeling that trigger isn't involved in email reconfirmation.

3 years 1 month ago #323647 by krileon

But there are a couple of the Field type.

Those will trigger a user store if "Save Directly" is set to "No".

A simple test is to simply try CB Reconfirm Email yourself in a test account. Confirm it's not working. Now unpublish CB Auto Actions and see if it works. If it does there's a conflict from an auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn