Firing notifications off trigger for AA initiated activity.

3 years 2 weeks ago #323604 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am pushing the enveloppe of what one can do with CB again. I have now managed to create not only a to-do list but also a groupjive to-do list, including a stream with stuff from the to-do list that have been marked as DONE.

Now here is where I am struggling with: When someone deletes the groupjive item on the to-do list, I immediatly make, using an AA, a new activity that has the same message as the deleted one [var3_message] with the owner of the new activity being [var3_user_id] and with asset [var3_asset]-done.

I now want to send a notification to all members of the group that something has been marked as completed. I wanted to use a simple copy of the system auto action (have it already working for quite a different types of post) but for some reason it does not fire. I think I have done everything right.

I am guessing it is not firing because nobody is actually writing anything but rather it is automatically created?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #323616 by krileon
Depends on what trigger you're using. When CB Auto Actions creates activity it's doing so directly with database objects. This means activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity does not trigger, but direct object events will like activity_onAfterCreateActivity, but it only contains 1 variable and that's the activity object.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn