TAgging yourself in an activity

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323653 by timstohr
TAgging yourself in an activity was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have realised that it is not possible to tag yourself in a picture or in a post. Could we have an option inside activity configuration where one can turn this on or off? or if it could be always on (ie people can tag themselves), that would be cool for me too.

People like to tag themselves in photos that they upload and in other stuff that they are writing about just to say "I have been there".

Would be a neat feature I think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic TAgging yourself in an activity
Self tagging will eventually be allowed in CB Gallery to tag people in the photos (including self), but beyond that no other self tagging is planned. They can mention themselves in CB Activity though using @username usage, which is how you'd do it on Facebook and other social media.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323675 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic TAgging yourself in an activity
Hi Kylew,
I am using the tagging system to assign To-Do's. I personally would have found it cool if one could tag oneself so that you can assign To-Dos to yourself.

3 years 1 month ago #323686 by krileon
I understand what you're using it for, but that's not what it's designed for. The tagging system is to tag who you are with. Posting that you're with yourself doesn't make any sense to the context of CB Activity. I suggest using @mention for your usage instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323759 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic TAgging yourself in an activity
Hi, yeah it was also my idea to first use the mention pathway but it proved to be not feasible. It does not trigger Auto Action so I had to go the tagging pathway.
I understand what you mean with the tagging yourself in post.

Btw, that brings me onto another thing. It would be great if those who get tagged in a post also receive news that someone commented on the post (ie just like the comment chaining System Auto Action).

3 years 1 month ago #323769 by krileon
There's already a notification system action for tags. Specifically "CB Activity - Activity Tag Notification". If you mean mentions then there is no such notification at this time. Please keep in mind tags are not mentions. They are 2 completely different behaviors. You can only tag your connections. You can mention anyone you want.

As for trigger behavior on mentions there are plans for that in a future release in addition to filtering behavior (to filter down to all posts a user was mentioned in for example), but that won't be until after the storage rewrites in CB Activity as I need to implement additional database tables to keep references of mentioned activity otherwise it'd just kill the database trying to query for it. You can see this issue with hashtags since those don't store in the database and just do filtering on the query that isn't very efficient. Those too will be stored in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn