Install from Web Key Only Works Once

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323671 by bascherz
I have to regenerate my site key before doing each update. That doesn't seem right.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323679 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Install from Web Key Only Works Once
And I still cannot connect for Install from Web at all with one of my sites and it's with the same hosting company (different server/IP). I have done a test with curl and it is not blocking outgoing https access. Really need to figure this out. Joomla Install from Web works fine, just not CB.

3 years 1 month ago #323688 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install from Web Key Only Works Once
The site key check is against a hash of live_site. We don't actually see your domain. Just the hash. This hash needs to match or the check will fail. This means you need to consistently access your site the same way every time. I've checked your site keys and you have a site key for your site without www and with www. This means you're accessing it 2 different ways. So if you've the site key without www saved and you access your site with www it won't match. The same goes for http vs https. You can use htaccess mod_rewrite rules to ensure your site is consistently accessed.

Joomla Install from Web works fine, just not CB.

Joomlas doesn't need to confirm who you are so you can access paid products. They're just not the same thing in this situation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323692 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Install from Web Key Only Works Once
The $live_site variable in configuration.php started causing issues with Joomla since 3.9.24. It literally made it impossible for people to login after that update. So it's set to an empty string now for all my sites. I think it has always been an empty string for this particular site.

As for multiple keys, I am not accessing my account two different ways. It wasn't working the first way (without the www) so I added a key including the www and that failed also.

By the way, the single-update issue is with the hmehoa site, not the lasagnalove site. I can't get the latter to access Install from Web at all.

All my sites are SSL-protected.

What do you suggest I do to resolve these two issues?

3 years 1 month ago #323693 by krileon

The $live_site variable in configuration.php started causing issues with Joomla since 3.9.24. It literally made it impossible for people to login after that update. So it's set to an empty string now for all my sites. I think it has always been an empty string for this particular site.

live_site should typically always be empty. What I mean by the above is we ask Joomla for live_site and if that configuration is empty Joomla gives the current domain as live_site. The current domain is however you accessed the site. We check against a hash of that.

Please PM backend super user credentials for the site having issues and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323704 by krileon
Ok, looks like something on your site is loading Guzzle 7 and Guzzle 7 removed ClientInterface::VERSION which is what we were using to determine what version of Guzzle was being used to allow backwards and forwards compatibility. Looks like they added a different constant to use. Have added a bug ticket to CB and will add a utility function for us to know what version of Guzzle is being used and will have to bug fix release 3-4 plugins to address this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8411

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn